What requirements do I need for installation?
The charging points of ratio are available with and without Smart Charging. The versions with Smart Charging are supplied with an additional measuring core which must be placed at the main connection in the meter box.
The Smart Charging versions come in a master and a slave version. If you only install 1 charging point with Smart Charging, you need a master. If you also want to place an additional charging point on the same network connection, a Slave in combination with a Master is sufficient. A maximum of 3 Slaves can be connected to 1 Master
To make this charging station work with 32A and 3 phases, you need a 3 phase 400V connection of at least 3x35A. If you have less than 35A you can also set the charging point to a lower maximum charging current.
For which vehicles is this charging point suitable?
This charger is suitable for electric vehicles, which have an IEC 62196 mode 3 type 2 (male / female) on the side of the vehicle. These are, for example, electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids, such as the BMW i3, Mercedes-Benz A-Class E-Cell, Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid, Renault Zoe, Smart Fortwo Electric Drive, Tesla Model S, Volkswagen E-Golf, Volvo V60 plug-in hybrid, Tesla Model 3, Hyundai Kona, Mini Countryman, BMW 530e, Kia Niro PHEV
Which charging speeds does this charging point support?
Your actual loading speed of your car depends on the charger of your vehicle. Below you will find an overview of the different charging speeds that this cable supports. Click here for more information:
- 16A with 1 phase = max. 3.7 kW
- 20A with 1 phase = max. 4.6 kW
- 32A with 1 phase = max. 7.4kW
- 16A with 3 phase = max. 11kW
- 32A with 3 phase = max. 22kW
Use extreme caution when installing the charging station. It is recommended that the construction is carried out only with prior knowledge or by a trained professional.
Smart charging is an extra option for your charging station which is available at most charging points that we offer via Cable Soolutions. With Smart Charging you can charge your car smartly and minimize the one-off and annual costs for electricity connection. There are two functions within Smart Charging. The charge point ratio are equipped with both functions (optional):
- Load Balancing: ensures that the car charger never exceeds the peak power of your connection. This prevents extra costs from your network operator. The charging points hereby have an additional communication connection with the existing meter or with additional sensors to be placed. This differs per manufacturer. For the ratio stations, load balancing is only available for variant with 32A maximum. Not available for 16A versions.
- Panel Sharing: if you connect multiple charging points to an electrical connection, Panel Sharing ensures that the available power of the entire connection is cleverly distributed if multiple vehicles are loading. If one of the vehicles is fully loaded, the remaining load capacity then goes to the vehicles that still have to be loaded.
Smart Charging ensures that your charging station always makes smart use of the available load capacity. By smartly charging your electric car with a Smart Charging charging point you can save up to hundreds of euros per year.
See here the information leaflet of the manufacturer and the user manual
Tesla Unlock button
For the Tesla drivers we have our Ratio home charger now also equipped with a smart button on the plug for opening the charging port on the car side. This allows you to quickly open the loading port of the car without first having to enter the car to unlock
When charging is complete or if you choose to interrupt charging, all you have to do is press the button to unlock the charging socket connector.
Do you have questions about Smart Charging?
Cable Soolutions is happy to advise you on your energy management issue. Please contact us if you want an explanation about what a smart EV charger can mean for you