Onitl Type 1 - Type 2 Charge Cable 16A 1 Phase
For which vehicles are these charging cables?
Type 1 charging cables are suitable for electric cars that have an IEC 62196 Mode 3 type 1 female connection on the vehicle side such as the Chevrolet Spark EV, Chevrolet Volt, Citroen C-Zero, Fisker Karma, Ford Focus Electric, Honda Jazz EV, Mini Mine E , Mitsubishi iMiEV, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Nissan Leaf (Year Built 2018), Nissan E-NV200, Opel Ampera, Peugeot Ion, Peugeot Partner Electric, Renault Twizy, Renault Fluence, Renault Kangoo, Still Mia Electric, Toyota Prius Plug-in ( Year before 2018), Volvo C30 DRIVe Electric and other Hybrid cars with a type 1 connection. Do you have doubts about which connection your car has? Then look here
For which charging points are these cables suitable?
All Type 2 cables that are sold via Cable Soolutions are suitable for charging points with a type 2 connection. This means that these cables are suitable for almost all public charging points in Europe. Here you can immediately see on which charging points you can charge with this cable
What is the optimal charging cable length?
If you use the charging cable in a place, such as your home or at work, choose the optimal length for your given situation. Usually it is 4 or 6 meters. If the cable is mainly used on the road or in different places (where another vehicle could be parked between the charging station and your vehicle), we recommend that you choose more length: 6 or 8 meters is a good choice in this case.
What is the weight of charging cables?
The weight of the charging cable can be calculated by adding half a kilo per meter and one kilo for the two connectors. An 8 meter charging cable weighs about 5 kilograms. The exact weight is displayed in the properties of each product.
How fast can this cable charge?
- An electric car can average 5.5 km drive on 1 kWh of stored energy in the battery.
- The maximum current for this charging cable is 32A with a maximum of 1 phases (230V). If This Cable is connected to a charging point which can supply at least 1 phase 32A, this cable can deliver approximately 7.4 kW continuous power.
- So, if the car is charging with the maximum 7, 4kW, it means that it can charge 7.4 kWh (kilowatt hour) in one hours, which roughly corresponds to a range of 41 km (5.5 km x 7, 4kWh).
- With this, the maximum charging speed of the cable is 41 km/hour (least connected to a charging point of at least 1 phase 32A).
Please Note that the actual loading speed also depends on the charging speed of the car's AC built-in charger. Click here to see What AC charger your car has.
Where does this cable come from?
Onitl Cable Technology Co., Ltd. is based in China and was established in 2002 and now has a production facility of 86,000 m2. It is a high-tech enterprise in Jiangsu province. 50% of all electric vehicles in the world are sold in China. And Onitl plays an important part in the supply of cables here. With higher quality products, this manufacturer is now also entering the European market.
Safety and certification
All charging cables bear the CE mark and have undergone all necessary tests by the TUV so that we can guarantee that our charging cables are safe for you and your vehicle. Furthermore, our products are also tested individually before they leave the factory.
- Bag included:No
- Plug type Car side:Type 1
- Plug type Charge station side:Type 2
- Cable Type:Gerade
- Number of phases:1
- Cable diameter:13 mm
- Length (in meters):4, 6 or 8 meter
- Colour:Black with Orange
- Plug-Design:clam shelled or molded